I slept over the New Year, not knowing that the final seconds of the year 2011 already lapsed. Surprisingly, the fireworks outside our place stopped after midnight. I got so used to our old unscrupulous neighbors who don’t stop their fireworks until a week after the New Year.
I went online to check out blog posts about 2012. Personally, I don’t really celebrate the New Year (or anything for that matter), but in honor of the tradition, I sent out a few emails and text greetings to my friends, acquaintances and blog contacts.
As every year, the trend now is to make a list of resolutions, but I would like to make a U-turn from there. I would instead create my plans for 2012 since resolutions, in my observation, are just promises that are not really met, so I laid out plans and/or targets instead.
1. Get a Promotion – to top off my list, I want to get another promotion. Who doesn’t plan on getting promoted? I am the bread winner of the family, so I might as well look for a position that would be able to support me and my family right? I got one last 2011, and I am making more than enough right now, but a little more would not hurt, especially that I am gunning for….
2. Start a Business –I want to at least have a good idea of what business I would put up. I want to start a business in 2012, even if it is just a small one. I am interested in the food business, possibly catering, since my youngest brother and dad are great cooks.
3. Buy and Sell Stocks – I have dabbled quite a bit with stocks before, but I haven’t taken it seriously. I haven’t fully realized the potential benefits that I can get with buying and selling stocks. I would want to get a course on this topic, and I would like to start it as soon as possible. Our company has an internal option to buy and sell stocks, and I might venture out on that.
4. Write more – I have only been posting once a week, and I seriously want to write more and better. So for 2012, I would plan on inserting more time for blogging in my schedule, as well as #6. It’s a great and rewarding hobby, and I would like to get more from it. The only way to do that is to give more. I have been following great blogs and I am inspired to write so I would be able to reach out to as many people as I can.
5. Travel – Marla and I have been planning on going to tourist spots, but the only problem is we don’t really have the time nor the idea where to go. Recently, one of our common friends suggested a place somewhere in Batangas, but being both Geographically Challenged, we do not have any idea where that place is (I even forgot the name), or how to get there. My plan this year is to just go somewhere, far from the civilization.
6. Be more consistent in the gym – Another problem I encountered this year is my schedule. I have not been able to go back to the gym more often than I would like. I have only been capable of working out once a week, and that is on a Sunday. I would like to add more time for my work out, and I would definitely put that in my schedule. Maybe 3 or 4 times a week, that sounds good.
7. Save More Money – I don’t think I need to explain this further, but I will anyway. I want to save more since I am not getting any younger (I will be turning 22 this April) and I want to be able to get money when I need it. Plus, settling down requires a little something in the bank.
8. Draw – I love drawing ever since I have read some Marvel and DC comic books when I was about 8 years old. Seeing the art and the emotion on each page gave me an idea of what I wanted to become, a comic book artist. Sadly, it did not come into fruition, but I still think I have a shot on being an artist, at least. My twin brother already started practicing again, and I got envious (not really) so I wanted to go back to the drawing board.