As usual, I was browsing my personal mail at work (I was on break), and I read an email from a fellow WordPress blogger. I thought that it was the usual update from WP that someone I’m following updated their blog. Much to my surprise, it was a comment on my Who page. I was recently given a very surprising award: the Liebster Blog Award!
I was given the award by UponAtlas, who I recently just followed. Thankfully she did not think that I was just a stalker of some sort and actually liked my posts! She even replied to my email!
Liebster is German for the words “dearest” and/or “beloved”, and I am very surprised to say the least that I even received such an award. The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Now, I have to also follow the rules. And they are very simple:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your top 5 picks for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogsphere – other bloggers.
- And, best of all – have fun and spread the karma.
Number 1 is easy enough. I already did it several sentences above, and I have no problem doing it again.
I want to send a quick Thank You! shout out to UponAtlas who gave me this award! I was curious with her milk carton Gravatar, and read her blog to find several similarities, and I never looked back since.
My Top Picks would be:
1. Renxkyoko’s Space – Ren’s personal blog; she is an anime lover, and she was the one who convinced me to move to WP too. She already has 150+ followers, so pretty soon she won’t be qualified (not that it’s a bad thing).
2. Jeninesilos – the winner of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) for 2011 for her work “His Young Lady” (synopsis), she is a very creative writer and she’s also part of Post-a-Week too, so you’d definitely have your reading pangs satiated.
4. Smile, Kiddo. – Stef has been a bright source of motivation, inspiration and humor everyday. One of the blogs that I am currently getting ideas from. Pole Dancing, anyone? 😀
5. last but definitely not the least, UponAtlas! I would be joining your Name Game soon!
Okay… Now how do I add this award image to my blog again…? 😐