I have always dreamed of getting a place of my own. Right now, at 21, I still live with my parents, following the Filipino tradition closely. I have taken over most of the bills, and I feel like I can already get a place of my own. But, being with my parents is cool. I get to eat my mom and dad’s cooking, and I get to spend time with them too. If I would get my own house, I may choose to get one very near our home. The neighborhood is quiet, accessible, plus I can just go back to my parents if I miss them.
I saw an apartment for rent just across our neighborhood. It is small, studio type apartment that I think would only accommodate me. With that in mind, I thought about getting it and turning it in to my very own man cave.
An article I encountered comes to mind immediately. It is from Bloomberg, and it gives a couple of stuff that guys normally would want in their own bachelor pad, like TVs, a bar, etc., plus the price. I am a bit different, since the article is from a Westerner’s point of view. Here is a Filipino point of view:
- Display Cases – what is a good man cave without display cases for your collections or sports trophies? I am planning to collect action figures to get in touch with my inner kid, and I would need a good case for them. Here is a good example:
2. Delivery Brochures – I do not know how to cook, so I would need to have brochures for fast food delivery.
3. The Entertainment System – it has already been mentioned in the article, but I want to have mine look like this:
4. Lots of Remote Controls – a guy cannot get too lazy, so I want to have a remote control for almost everything. The fan, the TV, the air conditioner, the refrigerator, even the stove.
5. A dog – with all the expensive stuff in my (imaginary) man cave, I would need a trustworthy friend that would keep it safe from intruders. Maybe someone like George, the Guinness’ Book of World Record holder for the title “Tallest Dog” :
6. Home Gym – a cave needs to have a huge, buff guy in it, so let’s put a gym in too!
Just by looking at these photos makes me realize that if I am going to have a man cave, it would need to be bigger than the studio type apartment that I was eyeing.